Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

This year we did our traditional Memorial Day weekend visits. This is something that we have always done with my mom, but since she passed away last November 29, 2008 me and Lisa determined that we needed to keep up the tradition. This year Lisa invited our dad to go with us to the Provo cemetery which is where my Grandpa & Grandma Little, Grandpa & Grandma Larson, and Great Grandpa & Great Grandma Larson are buried. We usually would visit the Larson plots first since that is my mom's parents, but since our dad came we went to visit the Little's first. It was nice to have him come, but we really missed having our mom there. I also didn't have any of my kids with us this year either - Shaun was in Wyoming at Troopers, Ryan doesn't usually like to come, Heidi is living in Henderson Nevada, I had a miscommunication with Emily and thought that she had already been. I missed having my family there also.

Provo Cemetery

Sharon & Harold Little, Dana & Ray Walker, Charlie at Provo Cemetery


Jennifer, Lisa, Jim, Rachel, Kyle Turner, Ray & Dana Walker, Carrie Turner & Jason at the Provo cemetery


Veterans Memorial Cemetery - Camp Williams
After our visit to the Provo cemetery we went up to the Veterans Memorial Cemetery by Camp Williams to visit our mom Louise Larson Little Jensen's grave. We really miss her. It was very windy with a storm coming so we didn't stay long.

Jennifer, Lisa, Rachel Turner, Dana & Ray Walker, Charlie (dog), Kyle Turner





It was real neat how they put flags on each marker. It was a field of flags.



Alpine Cemetery
Then me and Ray went to Alpine Cemetery to take his mom Drucilla Fenn W alker flowers. We saw our niece Melody & Mark and some of their kids, and Andres & Tammy and their kids. The storm was coming from the West to the East so we didn't stay there long either.

Ray with Charlie, 2 of Melodie's kids (they were taking the place of our missing kids)




1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I'm glad you updated your blog, you should do it more often.

May 28, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home