Saturday, June 27, 2009

Jessica Davies
Baby Shower

Today (June 27) was a baby shower, that was given for Jessica by one of her husband Andrew's sisters. Jessica is going to have a baby girl that is due August 11, 2009.

The girls thought we should make Jessica a diaper cake, so Heidi used her awesome shopping skills to find us item for the cake. Emily and Brittania helped pay for it, and a week before the shower Emily came and helped me put the cake together. I crocheted the edges on a flannel blanket and burp cloth to put on the diaper cake. I hadn't expected the shower to be so soon so I had to start and finish the blanket in a little over 1 week.
Here is the finished product.
Jessica and Andrew at the shower with our gift. The base of the cake is a Fisher Price ball toy. The other packages are wet wipes and Gerber bowls that I couldn't figure out how to put on the cake. I gave those to Andrew because he wanted a present - now he can change all the diaper he wants, and take over the cereal feedings, he is equiped for the job.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home